This season there’s no need to fret over seemingly impossible-to-achieve styles. The key is to make your look appear low-maintenance. A comfortable outfit with stylish trimmings, if done correctly, can be your best look yet.
“This season’s look is relaxed, feminine and flattering on just about everyone,” says Jennifer Kelly, the online fashion expert at Chikabuzz.com. “The goal is to make your style look effortless by mixing and matching the season’s hottest trends.” She offers this stress-free guide to looking fabulous this season:
• A Perfect Fit-To look your best, only wear properly-fitting clothes. Whether you’re a size 2 or a 22, buy what fits and ignore the “number” size. Remember, just because you can button it, doesn’t mean it fits.
• Room To Breathe-This season is about flowing fabric and soft movement. No super-tight styles here. To avoid looking frumpy, pair a full, flowing skirt with a top that features straight, tailored lines. Make sure you can’t fit two people in your tunic, but a little bit of room-that’s just perfect.
• Short Shorts-Who wears short shorts? Gals that are super fit or supermodels. Luckily, for the rest of us, gauchos and Bermuda shorts are once again a warm-weather favorite. “Shorts” that meet the knee are popping up everywhere. Dress ’em up with a sexy heel or dress them down with cute flip-flops…either way, they’re hot.
• Color Me Beautiful-Earthy tones are everywhere: beige, cream, yellow. To stay ultrahip, lace your favorite frock with brown accents. Keep it earthy, keep it cool.
• A Feminine Flair-A delicate ruffle here? An embroidered flower there? Lace? White crochet? Yes! Chances are that deep down, every woman has a touch of a “girly-girl” sitting pretty inside of her. Subtle reminders of femininity can be found on everything from thick belts to bohemian skirts.
• Can’t Forget The Accessories -The fastest way to turn a boring, old outfit into something fab is to pair it with some fun shoes and a big ol’ handbag. This season’s shoes? Heels with a peekaboo toe or funky wedge sandals. The bag? As long as it’s big, it’s ideal. Protect your eyes with oversized sunglasses.
• For The Boys-Okay, ladies, it may not be all about us. The men in your life should be looking fabulous, too. This season, suggest preppy polo shirts and plaid shorts. If you’ve got a “guy’s guy” on your hands, get him vintage T-shirts or leather flip-flops. Because after all, the better he looks, the better we look!